Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 10:00p.m. CT
No global changes have been scheduled for this evening.
Reminder – IP Address Conversions, In Process – See Details and Schedule
Please review the updated schedule for IP restriction enforcement. As of Friday, Sept.2, 2016, we began turning on IP address restrictions state by state.
IP Conversion Schedule – August 2016.
Note: Client and System Administrators should take the following actions.
- Request your External IP Range(s) from your Network Admin.
- Verify the IP(s) are loaded in the Self Service Portal.
- Add Contact Information for the person that will administer allowable IP’s. (SSP/Configuration/IP Addresses/Contacts)
Experian Health will enforce IP address validation at login by December 31, 2016. This change will prevent access to our products from unauthorized locations and is a precautionary measure that we are taking to enhance security for us and for our clients. IP address validation will be implemented for eCare NEXT, ClaimSource, and OneSource products for which your end users access through a web login.
Read More – Latest Announcement
Batch Processing for Saturday, Oct. 1, and Monday, Oct 3, 2016
The Experian Health Systems Team remains committed and focused on delivering the highest level of availability for all products. We continue to make technology, people, and process changes to improve our service. In preparation for the increased requests on Saturday, October 1, 2016 and Monday, October 3, 2016 we want you to be aware of the following issues. Read More.
- BatchSource and Coverage Discovery inquiries (which utilize batch processing) will be available after 2:00p.m. CT on Saturday, October 1, 2016 and Monday, October 3, 2016. This does not effect on demand Coverage Discovery inquiries which are preformed within our other interface platforms.
- If your facility sends real-time batches through an EDI interface on Saturday, October 1, 2016 or on Monday, October 3, 2016, you may notice a longer delay than usual. This is because we will throttle the number of outstanding and simultaneous inquiries (allowable by the customer) to insure that real-time requests receive processing priority.
- As usual, it is not necessary to resubmit your eligibility inquiries in the event a payer is unavailable, or when you do not receive an immediate response. We will hold your inquiries and submit them for processing when the payer begins accepting requests.
Reminder – Medicare Usage, Rules of Behavior,
Saturday, Oct. 1, and Monday, Oct 3, 2016
Medicare continues to monitor eligibility transaction volumes on the 1st and 1st Monday of each month. This will include Saturday, October 1, 2016 and Monday, October 3, 2016. The purpose of this monitoring is to maintain the performance of their eligibility system, as they continue to see higher than normal transaction volumes on these days. CMS has published modified Rules of Behavior to address the issues identified as problematic.
CMS now considers the following examples of aberrant and/or unauthorized behavior to include:
- Submitting high inquiry volume.
- Submitting transactions that receive a high error rate.
- Inappropriate use of service type codes.
- Using automated processes for sending large numbers of eligibility requests in a short period of time or high ratio of eligibility inquires to claims submitted.
- Submitting eligibility requests using the same NPI and HICN number 30 or greater times in a 24-hour period.
Reminder – Experian Health Product Dashboard
The Passport Product Dashboard is now the Experian Health Product Dashboard and can be found at http://www.experianhealthproductdashboard.com/. As before, our new product dashboard provides you with the real-time information about our products, important announcements, and upcoming release notes.
For previous Passport Dashboard subscribers, please make sure you adjust any spam or junk email filters so that your new dashboard notifications will arrive directly in your inbox. In other words, it may be necessary for you to “whitelist” your email notifications. New dashboard post notifications will come from:
Experian Health Product Dashboard email@example.com
We would also like to encourage you to invite other team members and colleagues within your organization to subscribe to our new dashboard. As a reminder, if you have previously bookmarked the old dashboard, you will need to update your bookmarks with the URL below.
If you have any questions about the new Experian Health Product Dashboard, please email our exceptional Customer Support team. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Deployment Schedule:
Experian Health’s weekly application deployment is between 8:00p.m. and 10:00p.m. CT every Thursday night. However, our deployment process typically results in no customer impact or downtime. If we suspect a change will impact customers, we will communicate forty-eight hours in advance. The hardware and systems maintenance follows the application deployment Thursday nights from 10:00p.m. to 12:00a.m. CT. During this window customers may experience intermittent processing issues.
Previous Deployment Detail:
Previous deployment notes can be viewed on our new
Experian Health Product Dashboard.