Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 10:00p.m. CT
There are no global changes this week.
Reminder – Possible Slowness During Maintenance Period
During our maintenance window between 10:00p.m. and 11:59p.m. CT some clients may experience intermittent slowness during transaction processing. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this period.
Important Notice – Data Center Patching, During Scheduled Maintenance
On Thursday May 25, 2017, our systems team will be installing a critical software patch that will cause all products to be offline from 10:00p.m – 11:00p.m. CT. Following this installation, product slowness should be expected from 11:00p.m – 11:59p.m. CT.
Important Notice – Continued Data Center Patching, Nightly,
May 22 – May 26, 2017.
Every evening this week, May 22, 23, 24, and 26 (Monday – Friday) our systems team will be installing a critical software patch that will cause some customers to be offline for 15 to 20 minutes, starting at 10:00p.m. CT. Following this brief period of downtime, these customers will also experience product slowness for another 15 to 20 minutes following the completion of the patch installation.
Enhancement to Login Screens for Patient Financial Clearance, Collections Optimization and Advanced Reporting – May 31, 2017
On May 31, 2017, Experian Health will be enhancing the login process for Patient Financial Clearance, Collections Optimization and Advanced Reporting users. The login screen features an updated security enhancement, that uses “Captcha” images that are designed to prevent unauthorized access by automated processes. Read More
Experian Health – Batch Processing for
Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017
The Experian Health Systems Team remains committed and focused on delivering the highest level of availability for all products. We continue to make technology, people, and process changes to improve our service. In preparation for the increased requests on Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017, we want you to be aware of the following issues. Read More.
- BatchSource and Coverage Discovery inquiries (which utilize batch processing) will be available after 2:00p.m. CT on Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017. This does not effect on demand Coverage Discovery inquiries which are preformed within our other interface platforms.
- If your facility sends real-time batches through an EDI interface on Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017, you may notice a longer delay than usual. This is because we will throttle the number of outstanding and simultaneous inquiries (allowable by the customer) to insure that real-time requests receive processing priority.
- As usual, it is not necessary to resubmit your eligibility inquiries in the event a payer is unavailable, or when you do not receive an immediate response. We will hold your inquiries and submit them for processing when the payer begins accepting requests.
Reminder – Medicare Usage, Rules of Behavior,
Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017
Medicare continues to monitor eligibility transaction volumes on the 1st and 1st Monday of each month. This will include Thursday, June 1, and Monday, June 5, 2017. The purpose of this monitoring is to maintain the performance of their eligibility system, as they continue to see higher than normal transaction volumes on these days. CMS has published modified Rules of Behavior to address the issues identified as problematic. Read More
CMS now considers the following examples of aberrant and/or unauthorized behavior to include:
- Submitting high inquiry volume.
- Submitting transactions that receive a high error rate.
- Inappropriate use of service type codes.
- Using automated processes for sending large numbers of eligibility requests in a short period of time or high ratio of eligibility inquires to claims submitted.
- Submitting eligibility requests using the same NPI and HICN number 30 or greater times in a 24-hour period.
Important – Data Center Upgrade Notification – Scheduled Interruptions
Experian Health will be moving a number of systems to a new data center over the next several months. The Data Center Migration Project represents an upgrade with increased capacity and a more robust production environment. This will result in an improvement in our ability to manage growth and more tightly integrate with other Experian Health products. Future migrations will also require special maintenance periods for the following products:
• Patient Statements
• RQA (Registration Quality Assurance)
• PE (Patient Estimates)
Maintenance will be scheduled during low usage periods (weekend and nights). You will receive detailed notifications as we get closer to the migration dates for each product. As we finalize our migration plan, we will send out more detailed pre-notification announcements. We appreciate your patience.
Updates will also be posted on our product dashboard.
CMS Medicare and ABN Form Updates – June 21, 2017
Experian Health is aware of the upcoming regulatory changes to the ABN revision date in June. Our Clinical Services team has the updated template and clients that use our integrated ABN products will be updated in advance of this date.
Visit Experian Health’s Product Dashboard
Our new product dashboard provides you with the real-time information about our products, important announcements, and upcoming release notes. We would also like to encourage you to invite other team members and colleagues within your organization to subscribe to our new dashboard. If you have any questions about the new Experian Health Product Dashboard, please email our exceptional Customer Support team. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Notes: Weekly Deployment Schedule:
Experian Health’s weekly application deployment is between 8:00p.m. and 10:00p.m. CT every Thursday night. However, our deployment process typically results in no customer impact or downtime. If we suspect a change will impact customers, we will communicate forty-eight hours in advance. The hardware and systems maintenance follows the application deployment Thursday nights from 10:00p.m. to 12:00a.m. CT. During this window customers may experience intermittent processing issues.
Previous Deployment Detail:
Previous deployment notes can be viewed on our new Experian Health Product Dashboard.